"Aid vs. Trade"
- Not aid but trade is what's needed.
- Change the narrative of African's being basket cases that need a handout.
- No country has developed through handouts but through trade as an engine for growth, so what does anyone think handouts are the answer? Trade out of poverty.
- Aid isn't aid. More aid, lower GNP. Undermines accountability and creates chronic dependence. Undermines integrity and dignity.
- We need to think more about what is the impact of our compassion. Africa is a continent of consumers, entrepreneurs, rich resources, people able to help themselves.