Hi Five Oakers,
There are a few things I want to share with you today:
// We saw a great sermon this weekend by Andy Stanley on getting some breathing room in our finances. You can watch the sermon here. A friend also recommended the sermon on “Time” in that same series. I’m definitely going to check it out.
// Sign up for Story of God here.
// Sign up for Financial Peace University here.
// We had a substantial group at the Discovery Seminar in spite of the cold yesterday.
// Here are the comments we received from the cards we send to first-time guests:
- 8/12 Great kid’s program. However, we did not like the sanctuary; there are no windows. We felt like it was a cave, and had a somber feel.
- Christmas Eve: We are in Hudson and find it too far to come on a regular basis. However, we love the music and the message. I listen the whole time!
- Christmas Eve: I was very impressed with the church and service, and I look forward to attending services in the future!
// Here’s a selection from your comments, observations and questions from the weekend Communication Cards.
- Excited to sing Dan Lukas’ “Search Me and Know Me”. Can we sing it more? I Googled the lyrics and couldn’t find it – now I know it was a Lukas original. [Listen to a demo version here.]
- Great message, perfect timing. Thanks! Great worship Dan!
- Love that Dan Lukas song. [I agree!]
- Great message today. Thanks. [Thank you! Oops, that was an Andy Stanley sermon.]
- Keyboard, steel guitar and “Rock of Ages”. How moving! And then you bring on Amazing Grace. How much more moving. [I know. Great job Dan and team.]
- Great music today! Loved it!
- Great and impactful message! Awesome worship time. Thank you musicians for sharing your gifts!
- Great worship set, well done!
- Wish you would offer 1st place for health on Wednesday mornings for Bible Study. [Thanks for the suggestion.]
Warm Blessings, Pastor Henry