Hi Five Oakers,
We had a great kick-off to the campaign. I hope you’re all using the FOR devotional. I’d love to hear how your small group discussions are going. I received this from one of our small group leaders:
"Henry, we were out of town this weekend so missed your message. I was at a disadvantage leading small group not hearing your message. I caught 15 minutes of it online before small group, but it didn’t matter because my group was so excited to share the message with my wife and I and one another—great discussion! …Keep challenging us, it’s needed and inspiring and motivating behavior."
Here's the sermon in 10 tweets: "FOR [ God so loved ] – God’s Mission, our Mission (multiple Scriptures):
- God’s love compels us to love the world he so loves.
- Why did my younger son become a Packer fan? For Leah so loved the Green Bay Packers. It’s funny how love works.
- 2 Corinthians 5:14 – For Christ’s love compels us… His love is our motivation… tugs on our hearts… propels us…
- He gave us the ministry of reconciliation and entrusted us the message of reconciliation.
- We are ambassadors for Christ and he makes his appeal through us.
- Our mission is to love our children, our neighbor & the world by reaching and equipping them for Christ.
- Who are your kids emulating and admiring? What patterns are you setting from a young age to get them around people that point them to Christ.
- “Christ didn’t call us to make Deciders; he called us to make Disciples.” And we’re relentless about it.
- Our church is a mission outpost. It’s about reaching others with the lover of God, compelled by the love of God.
- Above all else, God wants to work in your heart so you can represent his heart to a lost and broken world.
Looking forward to seeing you on the weekend!
Blessings, Pastor Henry