Hi Five Oakers,
I have a few things I want share with you today:
#1- It was fun having Henry Michael and his wife, Holly, in our second service on Sunday this weekend. I told him how I shared the Distracticon story. He’s the Middle School Director at his church in Louisville and said he has several Distracticons in his ministry right now! Just goes to prove we serve a just God.
#2- I love that so many of us are reading the same devotional each day. And I'm so thankful for all the work put into it my our Group Life writers.
#3- Here’s the video from the weekend. I really appreciated having Hector, our Campaign Chair, share his own story.
#4- Here’s a comment we received from the cards we sent to first-time visitor
I was visiting Five Oaks with family members. I live in Apple Valley, and have a church here. Wonderful sermon on Sept. 22nd. Great facility!
#5- And now for your comments, observations and questions from the weekend Communication Cards.
- Proud to be a part of a church that doesn’t shy away from talking about giving, sacrifice, and obedience. [Thanks to all of you who shared a similar sentiment with me this weekend.]
- Awesome praise team and leader today!
- Loved the Chris Tomlin! Maybe a little “God’s Great Dance Floor”?? Scott wants to boogie. But, seriously that CD is so great, let’s sing all the songs!
- Love the music! Love the worship leader! I sincerely hope he’s back next week. [Jeremy did a great job leading, as did the team. Thanks, Amy, for the song you led out on as well.]
- Wow, Tim really does look like that guy from SNL!
- It’s great to be back to worship with our Five Oaks family. Mark & Jane Porter
- Thank you for giving us a Bible.
Thanks for all your comments and questions.