Hi Five Oakers,
I hope you had a blessed Christmas. Here is a post-Christmas service edition of the Memo.
#1 – Get a recap of the service with highlights of our prayers, readings and songs here.
#2 – 17 people indicated they were making first-time decisions to follow Christ as Lord and Savior!!!
#3 – Here are your comments from the Christmas services:
- This service was amazing! I always think that the true magic of Christmas is the church service and Christ himself. I love God so much!
- Never felt so touched.
- Great sermon, great video.
- Great videos and music. The church looked wonderful.
- Merry Christmas!
- His death on the cross is an act of love I do not understand. [I sent some material that hopefully will help.]
- Thank you Jesus for being a part of our lives!
- God has always been in my life.
- Amazing sermon, Henry! Thank you for blessing us with your study and prayer.
- Awesome message! God bless!
- Powerful message today. The end video was very moving. Thank you. Merry Christmas!
- Glory to God.
- He is my Savior!
- I’m so grateful to call Five Oaks my church.
- Praise God!
- Thank you for the amazing service, music, message details and for each of you who served for us. Sweet Christmas Blessings!
- Thank you all for a great worship. Praise God!
- Great opening worship set! Henry, you do such a great job explaining the movement – thank you. Loved discussion/dedication of lighting station. What a wonderful Christmas message! The only difference between an “X” and a “†” is that it is fallen and needs to be put right by Christ.
- Great service – loved the traditional music.
- Jesus is my Lord and Savior. Merry Christmas!
- I trust in Jesus as my Savior and Lord.
- Great service – music and message.
- Dan, nice job.
- Loved the traditional Christmas songs.
- Awesome message!
- Jesus is my Savior. He loves me and I love Him. My life is great because of Him.
- Praise the Lord, Jesus is Lord.
- Jesus is my Savior.
- God bless, Merry Christmas to the church staff!
- What is my purpose? Great words to hear tonight. Thanks.
- Thank you, Pastor Henry. You are amazing! I feel God’s presence here today!
- Jesus rocks my world!
- Thank you, 1000 x’s better than last year! Blessings to all of you!
- Thank you for a beautiful, wonderful and spectacular message. The “will you follow me” video was amazing. I loved watching my twelve year olds reactions while he watched it. Very powerful!
- Amazing video.
- Beautiful service, great video to close message. Great job!
- Thank you!
- Jesus is my Savior! Praise and glory to Him.
- Thank you for addressing the “valley of the shadow of death”.
- Thank you for your message.
- Today you spoke of hurt by Christians and it was my family that was hurt by the church. As a result my family is so distrustful of any organized religion. It is a slow process, but I’m starting to feel His love more and more as I let Him in.
- Christ has been my Savior for almost 35 years. Praise His name forever. Beautiful service!
#4 – Here is the sermon in 10 tweets:
- Most people never get beyond the story of the baby in a manger. ...they fail to connect the Savior dot with the dot that is their lives.
- One reason some never get beyond the story of the baby is because they’re put off by Christians.
- Confession Booth story: We’re not going accept their confessions. We are going to confess to THEM. We've misrepresented Jesus on campus.”
- Jesus' mission was to seek & save the lost. When they responded, they weren’t transformed overnight, & they still don’t change that quickly.
- Background video: Joshua Bell playing $3.5 M violin in subway. Ignored. Beauty often doesn't transcend the noise in our lives.
- God has entire universe to capture his interest but Christmas says, “You matter. I care about you. I am for you.” God doesn’t ignore us.
- If you’re thin & get a diet book for Xmas, not going to take it out of the box. Maybe you feel you don’t need a Savior from your sins.
- Scientist: “I’m realizing that I’m not in control over things that matter most to me. Maybe I rejected him be/ I thought I didn’t need him.”
- Record of everything you say other people should do and compare to your life. You would be condemned for breaking your own standards.
- Falling Plates video…
God bless you all, Pastor Henry