Craig Groeschel, Founding and Senior pastor of LifeChurch.tv, has a passion for leading people to become fully devoted followers of Christ. From its modest beginning in a two-car garage in Oklahoma City, LifeChurch.tv is one of the country's first multi-campus churches reaching more than 18,000 people with 40 weekly worship experiences in 12 locations including an Internet campus. Known for his creative and relevant Bible teaching, Groeschel has authored four books including the newly released, IT.
Just when you thought nothing could reach the highs of yesterday... Wow! One for the vault. Need to find a way to show it in one of our services when the DVD's come out.
- You walk into a church and think, ‘They have IT.” Others don’t.
- So what is IT? ...Don’t know.
- Theories about IT: God makes it happen and it’s for him; we can’t recreate it and can’t bottle it; rare that one person will bring it; common for the wrong person to kill it; caught, not taught; not a system or model; has an upside because transforms lives; downside is that it attracts critics; you could say, “IT happens”; don’t have it doesn’t mean you can’t find it
- Early church dudes had it (try to kill them and it spreads; guy fall out of window and dies and they raise him up)
- Those that have IT are laser focused - better not more ministries better; to reach people no one is reaching you have to do what no one is doing and you can’t do what you need to do if you’re trying to do what everyone else is doing
- Those who have IT see opportunities where others see obstacles - God has given you everything you need to do what he wants you to do; God often guides by what he doesn’t provide (bigger building, staff, etc.); what is wanting to show you through your limitation
- Those that have It are willing to fail - Those without it tend to play it safe; failure is not an option, it’s a necessity; failure is often the first step to seeing God tried to start two churches 1000 miles away at the same time and it failed but they learned; shake off the failure and step up; what has God called you to do that you’re afraid to attempt?
- Those that have IT are led by people who have IT - you need to have it for your ministry to get it; sin is fun for a while and then it messes you up...like a sneeze, feels good coming out then you’re covered with snot; he had IT when he came to Christ and ministry started to kill it; “I’d become a full-time pastor and part-time follower of Christ”; more about my ministry than about his kingdom; you have to let God break your heart again