What do you like about serving in this ministry?
- I really enjoy teaching and writing, but I don't get to use those skills as directly since I became a stay at home mom. This ministry still gives me a chance to write and teach, and I love that I have flexibility on when I can work on it.
What do you find most challenging about serving in this ministry?
- My rough draft is always an overshare; it's considerably longer than the page limits with a lot of extra little tidbits of information. I spend a lot of time after my initial write-up cutting down on content and narrowing the focus of my questions so they make sense and don't take up too much space.
What might be an indication that you are that week’s writer?
- I really like to use the introduction of the day as a teaser trailer of sorts. I want readers to be intrigued as to why they should flip open their Bibles and read the day's passage, almost compelled to dig in and find out the conclusion to the passage's set up. I try to share a little without really giving much content of the day's passage.
What’s one thing people might find surprising about you?
- I really love camping, hiking, and nature photography. My ideal vacation is spending a week at a national park.
What’s your favorite book in the Bible?
- 1 John. I love how well it fleshes out the commandments to love the Lord and to love others as yourself (Matt 22:34-40). I find that most often whatever sin issue I'm facing really falls down to breaking one or both of these commands, and 1 John really convicts and encourages me as I work to love God and others with right motivations.
What are your hobbies?
- Camping, amateur photography, cooking, playing strategy board games, sewing