Hi Five Oakers,
This weekend I’ll be talking about how to fortify your faith. I hope you can join us.
At the 9:15am service I forgot to show the cup we gave the Set-up and Take-down crew when we moved to our building. It reads, “If you set up, they will come.” Good times!
Here's the sermon from last weekend in 10 tweets: "FOR [ God gave ] – God’s Sacrifice, our Sacrifice (John 3:16; 1 Chron. 21:24; Mk 12:41-44; 2 Cor 8:1-5):
- Genuine love is not a superficial emotion; love is sacrificial action.
- Helen Simmons had to taste the sacrifice.
- King David: “I will not offer a burnt offering that costs me nothing.”
- Jesus doesn’t see the penny the poor widow gave; he sees the sacrifice & says she gave more than anyone.
- The Macedonians gave abundantly, sacrificially & joyfully in spite of their poverty and hardships.
- “For the joy set before him, Jesus endured the cross…” Love is joyful sacrificial action.
- Over 100K people within a reasonable driving distance of our campus are unchurched and far from God.
- Are you treating the bride of Christ like a consumer product? Are you acting like a consumer or co-owner? You are the church.
- 19 missionary families, 520K meals, 438 Thanksgiving bags, 4009 diapers, 180 backpacks, $192K Impact budget, $80k FMSC
- Hector Dalton: “We’ve learned that in order to grow your faith you have to step out in faith.”
Looking forward to seeing you on the weekend!
Blessings, Pastor Henry