Hi Five Oakers,
There are several things I want to share with you today.
#1 –Get a recap of the weekend services with highlights of our prayers, readings and songs here.
#2 – Here’s a great idea from one of our members regarding 10-Minute Connect:
I know that taking the first step to introduce yourself to someone can be intimidating. I think it would be nice if regular attenders offered to go with new attendees to 10 min connect. We would find out who is new by asking during greeting time how long they have been coming. Then if they say they have been coming for a short time we ask if they've been to 10 min connect. If they have not say "I'd like to take you to 10 min connect and introduce you to pastor Henry.”
#3 – Here’s a comment we received back from the cards we send to first-time guests:
6/23: I’m looking forward to visiting again next week! Thank you for your hospitality!
#4 – The Congregational Meeting is this coming Sunday to decide on whether or not to sign the land purchase agreement. Got a great email this week from someone at the Cottage Meeting who still had concerns. He listed his concerns and I passed it on to several leaders who are leading this initiative. If you were not able to make a Cottage Meeting and have questions or concerns or anything else, please email me. If possible, don’t wait until the meeting. If we can answer your concerns beforehand, we’ll have more time for discussion on items that can’t be settled beforehand.
#5 – Here are most of your comments from the Communication Cards:
- Story of Moses – wow! Bless your heart Mary and Karen.
- Good worship set, nice vocals guys. Loved all the guitars. Unbelievable message Henry… thank you, thank you, thank you for the challenge to find the burning bush in our lives. To pay attention where God tries to get our attention. Great closing prayer too. Loved the closing song!
- Moving message.
- Thank you for the message Henry and the powerful stories that you shared.
- My 5 top songs: Gold; These Are the Things; Up, Up, Up; Go Fish; Wreckless. Can we please play one of these? [It's good to hear what people like. Sometimes we discover a song to use thanks to recommendations. A lot goes into choosing songs for worship so, in answer to your question, I can't promise anything.]
- If the next family worship service is after VBS the kids would love to sing a few VBS songs. It would help them connect to the service and make it even more relevant! [Thanks for the idea.]
#6 – Here is the sermon in 10 Tweets, Exodus 3:1-10, “The Call to an Adventure”
- Gandalf: “I’m looking for someone to share an adventure.”
- God is inviting you to share in an adventure with you. God: “I will lead them….So I will send you to lead them….”
- The adventure: start a relationship w/ him, join in his mission, begin a new chapter in your story of following him.
- Moses hesitates & so do we, but you can’t follow God without change & challenges in life.
- Don’t miss the adventure: God is, in a sense, counting on you.
- God will disrupt and disturb your life to get your attention and to get you to your destiny.
- Ken Davis on what Moses’ first reaction might have been to the burning bush: “Whoa, freaketh me out!”
- When God gets your attention, pay attention.
- There is more to reality than your routine & more to life than your agenda.
- Burning bushes: Unexpected events, concerns, ideas leading to an unexpected adventure. The story of Karen & Moses Cooper...
I’m continuing with the call of Moses at the bush this weekend. Hope to see you there.
God bless you all, Pastor Henry