Hi Five Oakers,
There are several things I want to share with you today.
#1 – Get a recap of the service with highlights of our prayers, readings and songs here.
#2 – Here are your comments from the Communication Cards:
- Loved the opening worship set. Thanks folks for being led by God. Henry, thank you for reminding us that God is good for us by remembering he empathized for our suffering by experiencing it himself on the cross. Very intimate worship time. Thanks.
- I really miss Justin and his upbeat music. He really did a great job celebrating God.
- Can Dan be our Worship Leader? Again it was great worship time. Loved the message.
- Wanted to say thank you to Pastor Henry for being so available and willing to talk in between services.
- Wow- great message. So anointed. Thank you Henry for preaching that truth.
- We are so happy to say we are having another baby! Everything is going great. So excited! [Congratulations!!!]
- Loved the worship today!
#3 – Here’s the sermon in 10 tweets, Luke 22:63-23:12, “God on Trial”:
- The great God is good and his good is great for you.
- The only evidence produced in his trial was evidence of human brutality and hard hearts.
- Pilate: "YOU are the king of the Jews." Jesus looks weak, beaten and pathetic.
- This isn't a good man being victimized by powerful men. This is God being brutalized by human evil & he is allowing it for a greater purpose
- As they hit him and rip him apart, they're fulfilling prophecy.
- If Jesus is not God the Son (divinity), this would be a good moment to declare it.
- We question God’s goodness, but the only reason we know what good and justice are is because of God.
- He wants us to judge him. He's not interested in overpowering us…want us to find him good…to love him deeply.
- His goodness is seen in his desire to empathize with our suffering by experiencing it firsthand.
- McKinley: When a Christian thinks about Jesus…enduring taunts...we see proof that Jesus is the heroic King we've always wanted.
God bless you, Pastor Henry