I received this note from the Woodbury Women's Ministry Director Jenna Friedman. I want to share it with you.
This past weekend we hosted the "Butt-Kicking Women's Retreat" at the Woodbury Campus. It was a retreat designed for women to realize that they are strong, confident, respectful women, She knows who she is, She knows God's word, and She knows her role in the Kingdom of God. Our sessions looked at the destructive messages women hear today in our society in regards to body image, value and worth, and they are never good enough. We also looked at what God says about the subject. How we need to fight against the lies and take a stand for the Him and our families. To walk in Freedom and Abandonment in our Relationship with Him.
Here are some of the comments from the weekend...
- I came not knowing anyone. I walked away with new friends and better connections at church.
- I am new to Five Oaks, it was great to see women who struggle like me and have the heart and determination to change. It was very encouraging to my spirit.
- I am going to stop believing the lies of "I am... fat, unworthy, can't do anything right, have to be super mom" and walk in God's freedom.
- I am the walking in the Light of Christ. I going to be confident in Him. My promise is to memorize a Scripture verse a week for the rest of the year.
- I am so glad I came to this retreat. It was life-changing for me. Thank you Five Oaks and Women's Ministry for putting this together.
- We are all broken. We don't have to look perfect and pretend. We need to be transparent and real with each other. That is where we allow God to work and use other people to help us grow.