My four-week study break is over. I'm really looking forward to this weekend. Some reflections on my time away:
- More than anything, having four weekends in a row was super refreshing. I've experienced that once in the last twelve years. For nine months of the year Lois and I don't have a full day off together, for the most part, unless I'm on vacation or it's a holiday, so that time was precious for us.
- I wanted to have as many as six and not less than four messages done by the end of sabbatical. I'll have five by the end of the week. Mission accomplished. It's very helpful to be ahead.
- Also needed to outline my next series, which can be a long and difficult process. Got that done on Friday. And it was a long and difficult process, but I'm very excited about it. More on that later.
- Lost eight pounds I wanted to lose.
- Even though my boys aren't home this summer, I probably spent more time with them this last month than all of last summer. While I was on vacation earlier in the summer, with time to reflect, I had determined I need to make it more of a priority because life's too short. It was a great time.
- I also feel spiritually refreshed and ready for this fall's adventures.