If you missed it, I posted the results of our quarterly survey over the last few days. Here are a few reflections:
- The greatest value will come from comparing future quarters to each other.
- If you set the standard for any of the questions as 100% (1) you're not being realistic and (2) you haven't taken into consideration that our church is made up people at different stages of their spiritual journey.
- I'd like to get the invitation and Bible reflection number to go up.
- The volunteer number surprised me. I think that's high compared to other churches. One of the things we've identified from our input sessions earlier this year, though, is that we really need to help some volunteers step up to a more challenging, spiritual gift/passion driven ministry role. We've done a great job of getting people into what you might call "entry level" ministry, but we need people who will offer so much more of their gifts and skills to help do our mission.
- I am very blessed by the P.E.A.C.E. number. Growth will come more from going deeper in P.E.A.C.E. for more people than in anything else.
- Get ready for the Reveal survey this January. This will tell us more than we may want to know. For instance, it will rate my preaching on several different levels. I have to admit, that's a little scary. It will do the same for worship services and children's and youth ministries. But most importantly, it will show us how we are doing in making disciples (with comparison data). It will help us focus our efforts more strategically. I can't wait to do it. I'll be talking about it more over the coming weeks.