As professor of management and ethics at Harvard Business School, Bill George teaches from personal experience on the topics of leadership and leadership development. He is the author of the best-selling books True North: Discover Your Authentic Leadership and Authentic Leadership: Rediscovering the Secrets to Creating Lasting Value. George is the former chairman and CEO of Medtronic, the world's leading medical technology company. Under his leadership, Medtronic's market capitalization grew from $1.1 billion to $60 billion, averaging 35 percent annual growth.
- Leadership is responsibility.
- 21st century leadership: Align, Empower, Serve, Collaborate
- No followership. Leaders empowered to unleash their power. Focus on being an empowering leader.
- The “soft sides” of leadership are harder than the bottom line numbers.
- People find their passion to lead through their life stories and calling.
- Integrate your life more than seeking a perfectly balanced life.