About ten of us, staff and leaders, are at Eagle Brook for their one-day Relevance conference. Great opening sketch (very funny) and worship music.
Bob Merritt - "Recapture Your Mission"
- In ministry, sometimes feels like we’re standing in the middle of a swamp, wondering if it’s really
- With a little bit of faith and a little bit of action, miracles still happen. (Matt. 17:6 - Mustard seed faith.)
- Have to take a tiny step of faith... Story about losing keys in a swamp, praying and taking a step of faith to look...
- There are times when the clarity you need will only come through prayer and fasting.
- God speaks to leaders in ways different from everyone else...lots of responsibility and sometimes don’t want it.
- Story: Recapturing their mission at Eagle Brook...Car dealer story...antenna was up for real people with real needs...
- Learning #1: Leadership 101 - What’s the problem? Am I willing to own up? How will I involve key leaders? What is the strategic plan to address the problem?
- Learning #2: People love a compelling cause. People want to be stirred and hate to be bored.
- Learning #3: Alignment is powerful. Focus the whole congregation in every way possible.
- Learning #4: Risk is required. No guarantee it would work. You know it’s a God-sized risk if failure will hurt badly.
- What if they had ignored the problem of stagnant growth and done business as usual?