Launched the series today with the Bono interview. I watched it all four times. I have this thing that if I like something a lot, I love to share it with others and experience it with them as they experience it for the first time. I'll see a movie I love repeatedly if someone who hasn't seen it is watching it with me. So I loved it every service. I know that's weird, but it is what it is.
There wasn't enough time to talk about some other things we'll be doing in this series.
- More Bono clips that relate to each week's message. The interview is packed, so we'll do replay some clips as we go along.
- The focus of the series is The P.E.A.C.E. Plan which combines what we now call compassion and missions into local and global P.E.A.C.E.
- Everyday Forever Campaign (Part 3): An opportunity for folks that are new to the Five Oaks church family to join in on some important initiatives including AIDS relief, helping the Kriesels and the Hudson campus launch. More information forthcoming on all the above.
- Karen refugees coming to sing in all services and cooking supper for the Saturday night service.
- Wilberforce weekend.
- Yves Prophete, our Haitian ministry parter, will be here and address our congregation.
- U2 music every week.